Over the years, two things have become clear to me: I love to work with my hands, and I love to learn new things. Designing and building handmade products is a great occupation for me because it allows me to do both.
Since I was a child, I said that I would work in the construction field. From an early age I learned how to use tools and was always building things in my parents’ garage. Later, I went to work for a commercial construction company. During that tenure I had an opportunity to go work for a screen-printing company that was quickly growing. I took the opportunity and helped run the production department for almost 10 years. During that time, I met my wife, Brenna. While at the screen-printing company I started a poster printing business called PatentPrints. The business is great and does well. However, I found it hard to feel passionate about PatentPrints’ production.
Therefore, I had the idea to start a business that would match these passions that I envisioned. Birch & Buffalo started with a small niche, and it grew from there. Currently, we are creating wood wall art and some small home goods. We plan to grow to sell all kinds of home décor products. As of 2021 we are creating more home goods, outside of exclusively décor, and hope to move to additionally creating furniture in 2022. However, I can’t talk about the direction of our business without mentioning Brenna specially; she is regularly involved because she has an excellent eye for design and color. Most of her time is spent at home, raising our 4 kids. She has been my biggest supporter and is always building me up when things are tough. I owe a lot of success to her constant support.
Our Mission, Values, & Community Involvement:
- To provide the highest quality products, and unique design for our customers.
- To create meaningful work for our team members. We know the value, joy, & excitement we are providing in every order. Putting our products in your home gives us purpose and meaning.
- To stimulate a stable & coveted employment in our community. We have the best work environment, and we want everyone to know it. We want our team to never feel like they are “working”. Birch & Buffalo seeks to create valuable relationships and opportunities for all of our team members.
- To say yes to our customers! We exist because of you. Many businesses say no when they are hit with a request out of the ordinary, but by providing the highest quality customer care, we hope to accommodate every need possible.
- We have a deep desire to share our blessings in our community. We are supporting and hope to increase our support for the Feeding America program in our location. This program helps hungry families and especially children. Who do not have enough food outside of the meals they receive in public school.
Our Business & Direction:
- Birch & Buffalo is a design and manufacturing company. All of our products are designed and produced in house.
- We are growing our catalog of products beyond wall art to home goods and furniture. We hope to have a full line of furniture products in the near future.
- Since 2019 we have seen tremendous growth and are still growing quickly. We have been able to create high quality employment opportunities in our community. The jobs will continue to increase in value as we grow.
- We have created an exclusive method for packaging and shipping our products. Because of this engineering, damaged packages have become nonexistent. Our customers frequently comment on how they have never seen packages sent so efficiently!